Thursday 6 September 2012

Birthday dindin at Haru no Yume and a bit of D3 speak

In my last post, I mentioned that I bought the game and installed it. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I didn't manage to play it right away but I have managed to get a few hours into it. ("I'll just do this one quest..." *three hours later...* FML).

Actually, give me a sec. I'll just create a Tui inspired ad about that.


Yeah well I don't care what kind of gamer you are: pro, semi-pro, "serious" gamer, gamer's gf significant other who occasionally likes to game... but let's face it. It's NEVER just one quest. Now I don't remember whether I mentioned it before, and I can't be bothered checking my post... but the laptop I am using doesn't even reach the minimum requirements that's written in small font on the box. What I've learnt so far? THAT ONE SECOND LAG IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIFE AND DEATH. FML. I've never died so fast and so often while playing Diablo. Well ok, so it's D3 and considering there's like a decade gap between D2 and D3, harder gameplay should be expected. But seriously, I DIED AT LEVEL 8. God, I'm getting old. It's so embarrassing, I can't even carry on blogging about this.




So I'm moving on. To the dinner I went to last night! I aimed to get this post up when I returned home, but that didn't happen. Excuse my lazy.



It's Freak's birthday soon but since it's really difficult getting people together to celebrate we just decided to do something small, just the (important) girls and have dinner (and to top it off, it's just her 22nd birthday so it's not like a gigantic milestone. Ok I'm sorry, EVERY BIRTHDAY IS A GIGANTIC MILESTONE, congratulations, you're one year closer to death.) We went to a Japanese restaurant situated in the heart of Mt Eden Village. 

Haru no Yume

To be honest with you, I think the food is average and overpriced. If they're charging me $12 for a plate of deep fried chicken, it better be a freaking huge plate of chicken. The thing you're paying for is really the location. Of course, if you're rich and like dining in the heart of Mt Eden, go for it. The food is nice, and so is the setting (if you like dark restaurants - which I don't, but if I think it's acceptable then it should be ok right?)

Due to how dark it was, I didn't feel like putting in so much effort to take and edit pictures. Sorry for the crap photos. I ordered a green salad (which came with some sort of sesame dressing), a plate of spicy chicken karaage (deep fried pieces of chicken) and a bowl of miso soup.

Cup of dressing! It's actually a tiny cup!

That's how tiny it was! It was so cute!

At first, I didn't realise how bad I am at taking pictures. After I took it, I realised oh gee, no one's gonna know how small it is so I made Ace pick it up and pose with it. Then her order of yakisoba (stir fried noodles) came and it came in a gigantic bowl/plate/thing. It was so gigantic, we were silent for about 30 seconds before voicing a reaction.

At this point, I thought to myself "stop being so lazy and get out your camera". I should have listened to myself.

While waiting for food, we took a few pictures. They didn't turn out that well, some were taken with my iPhone, and others were taken by Freak's tablet.

Birthday girl Freak and I.

Top: Jenjen's sashimi set meal ($36). Bottom left: tamago yaki (egg) and bottom right: seaweed salad.

The last two pics were taken and edited by Freak. Following our dinner, the four of us went to have dessert across the road at Casa del Gelato. I've only been there once, but it's delicious! The first time I went, I think I bought Rocher (Ferrero Rocher taste) and some coffee flavour. This time, I picked Rocher and Crunchie. The crunchie didn't really taste like anything so I was mildly disappointed. I gobbled it up so I could start enjoying the Rocher.

DELICIOUS!!!

Wow! It was really delicious. Only Freak and I bought some and the other two just sat and watched us eat. After we finished, they decided to get some. Freak and I wanted some more (which is why you must always takeaway or leave as soon as you finish!!!) and for the second round, I bought Rocher for both the scoops and swore that I'd only ever pay for Rocher. That's how good it is.

Ace's attempt to get a picture of Jenjen... she made us move and stand there.

Overall, a pretty good night. Probably ate and spent way too much for my liking! That's ok though, I didn't spend any money today and don't plan on spending any tomorrow. But what I should have done and what I should do is do some study and finish some of my assignments which I haven't even looked at.

No comments: